When something bad happens, you have three choices: let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you.

The heart of the difference is not ability or even talent, but desire

The purpose of life is to discover and develop your gift. The meaning of life comes from sharing your gift with others. - David Viscott

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Victorious Moscow

There are a lot of pictures in this link as I didn't bother to filter or choose to post here as photos, so only a few will get through - and that's ok. I also decided against writing a long blurb about a lot of things I got to think about, as even fewer would get it - and that's ok too. The one thing I will say though, when you are, in light of these days and age, trying to form an opinion about Russia and all Russian, give a chance of thinking about it through the lenses of knowing me. You know, sort of "I like Olga a little (I hope so since you're here, reading a private blog), so would she do/say/whatever?". And if you do have questions and want to know more - have a coffee with me and a long talk...But if you don't, that's ok too.

The weather never got above 50F, and there was even snow once - which is greatly unusual (so don't tell anyone it's always cold there), but I didn't mind one bit. I was blessed with plenty of sunshine to do family stuff and play a tourist too, and I am thankful from the bottom of my heart. I love my home, and every year I love it more, even if don't love the changes or everything in general. I am grateful I got to not only visit my mom and sister and help with as little as I could, but be there on my nation's most important holiday, one that unites us like no other (and as no other country know of). Because every - each and every - family in Big Russia (and that includes the republics left since) has a personal loss and a personal story - and we carry it, still, to our great-grandchildren as it's not a page from a history book. I am a part of it, forever. And yes, we, as every nation, have things to not be proud of, but "the one to cast a stone"...


So here I am, trying to make a short post. As we say, Russians don't do small talk.


I am taking vacation from FB, again. There are more important things in life.

Here is a link to Moscow trip pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment